Monday, May 7, 2007

babble



< this is an old friend of mine!


Well, nothing of significance has occured lately. The Indy Mini was won in a low 1;16. That's wriggling under my skin. A little extra motivation. I know I'm not fit enough to run that right now. Focus on the task at hand (Just keep saying it annie). My steeplechase record was only a few hundredths of a second from being broken. I guess it's about time. It's been 6 years, and it wasn't all that great to begin with! It'll still piss me off when it happens though, I am competitive. Yesterday I drove to my parents to visit, run, and drop off Sir Willem (who couldn't have been happier to be rid of me).

The run was amazing. The leaves glowing above me. The wind seemed to poke holes in my skin and rush through me. My favorite hills greeted me with a warm welcome, and I responded with even strides. Everything seemed to flow together. We found half of a deer skeleton, mainly the spine. That was an interesting statement to me of the temporary state of living. Carpe Diem right? You never know when you'll be a carcass. We're all just bones underneath, and many of us forget to live while we are alive. It's what we do with our bones while there is still marrow flowing through them that matters. On a less serious note, the llamas were out on the route. They always make me laugh. I was hoping they'd be feeling frisky enough to chase me so that all their neck fur would bounce up and down. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, bouncing llama fur. They have such long necks too. I have been known to take a laughing break for the llamas on occasion. Cooper still talks about it!

Speaking of Cooper... On the dark ride home Cooper kept me company. He has an old soul. It makes him intriguing, and his presence addictive. He opened up about his new school, speaking only in metaphor (gee wonder where he gets that from!) He said the kids sometimes make him feel like they're all "Puppies at the bowl and he gets popped out to stand alone until they scatter. When they leave and I go to the bowl there's nothing left". He said, "they just don't know I'm a good leader mom" Hummmmm. What do you say to a six year old who tells you this? I told him something about how good leaders don't worry about being followed, because they know that someday it'll happen. They have belief in themselves, you're only 6 blah blah blah... He has such an old soul that many times he leaves me feeling like a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolling will not be tolerated, otherwise carry on.