Monday, August 12, 2013

Prayer for my dark night

Just as I took baby boy's brokenness into the sanctuary of my heart, so too does Christ take my brokenness into His Sacred Heart.  Just as baby boy screamed panicked screams when I went out of his sight, so do I now scream for You.  I held him there, in my heart, loving him.  It wasn't until he exhaled and emptied himself of his apprehension that my love could help him.  Just as You hold me in your Sacred Heart, Jesus, and wait for me to exhale and empty myself so you can fill me with the breath of your love.  Forgive me for fighting Your love, for trying to do it all myself.  I can do nothing without You, Jesus.  Jesus, help me pray, "Jesus, I trust in you" with sincerity.  Let me collapse into your arms already wrapped around me.  Help me realize how weak I am, and that just like baby boy, I cannot do anything for myself.  Take my brokenness, my anger, my frustration and with your love transform me into love.  In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolling will not be tolerated, otherwise carry on.