Tuesday, July 8, 2014

His mother

The full moon stared at me through my bedroom window keeping me awake wondering if you were looking at it too.  I wonder if you are cold tonight.  I wonder if you are hungry.  I wonder if you miss your baby sleeping upstairs.  I wonder how the same moon can mean such different things to us.  I wonder why your family couldn't love you, you seem loveable to me.  I wonder a lot of things about you.  I wish I could love you back to life the way I have your son.  I wish I could have been there when for you more.  I wish someone would have told you that you could be a wonderful mother.  I wonder if your defeat is what kept you from getting the help you needed.  I wonder if you know I do love you.  I wonder if you know that when I look into your son's eyes I see you, or if you know that when he is difficult I try to handle him with the patience and love you'd want for him even if you couldn't do it yourself.  I wish you did.  I wish a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolling will not be tolerated, otherwise carry on.