Saturday, January 28, 2012

Untitled

Come to me
Stand on the porch of my heart the
light burning to draw
you in leaving me no
choice in welcoming you.  Squeeze you
between my arms.  Trying not
to let you touch me. Your clang-kity clangk
monologue makes
it hard to
like the you I see in you.    I lose
myself to the buzzing
filament to survive it.  The judge holding
court inside of
me throws down the gavel "contempt!" snapping me back to you.  I spread
a generous smile, like a white flag between myselves, the one
that wants to hate you because
you deserve it with all
that ugliness inside of you, and
the one that wants
to love you because you need it, and I know
I'm ugly too.  And so I let you whir chaotically on my porch
but I won't invite you in.  And you feel comforted and accepted because you
are.  I compulsively love you, and can't wait
for you to leave so I can stop.  So I can go back inside out of your darkness,
Inside where the people capable of loving me, the few
I've invited in,
wait.

**as usual I hate this poem, as I hate all my poems when I first write them.  And I hope that those I've let in know who they are: Lisa, Casey, Christine, Laura, my family... among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trolling will not be tolerated, otherwise carry on.